Members of the St. Kitts-Nevis Chamber of Commerce can access funding to help expand their business through the Direct Assistance Grant Scheme – DAGS.
What is DAGS?
DAGS is a reimbursement grant funding facility, offered by Caribbean Export with support from the 11th European Development Fund (11th EDF).
What can DAGS be used for?
The scheme accommodates firms in their efforts to advance their products and/or services with a view to:
- Enter new markets
- Increase exports to the Caribbean region and/or other international markets
- Lower production costs
- Identify new sources of supply for raw materials or other inputs
- Increase productivity through training and staff development
- Facilitate Trade Mark, Intellectual Property and Copyright Protection
- Reduce environmental impact
- Capitalize on the benefits of trade agreements such as the CARIFORUM-EU Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA), CARICOM Single Market Economy (CSME), CARICOM-Dominican Republic FTA or any other bilateral or multilateral arrangements signed by the region within the region or with ACP or EU partners
- Foster intra-regional cooperation to enhance productivity and capitalize on economies of scale
- Promote programmes which will impact on under-developed areas or disadvantage sectors within the region (e.g. rural area development and gender).
Who can apply?
The scheme is specifically designed to provide financial assistance to legally registered firms/individuals/Business Support Organizations (BSOs) with the potential to export their products and services.
When can firms apply?
Caribbean Export will open the Call for Proposals on April 23, 2018.
Interested firms can contact the office of the St. Kitts-Nevis Chamber of Industry & Commerce for more information.