Dr. Emily Gaynor
Social Responsibility ISO:26000
9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Friday July 13, 2018 – Chamber of Industry & Commerce, Fortlands, Basseterre
The St. Kitts-Nevis Chamber of Industry & Commerce and the University of the West Indies will host a lecture on Social Responsibility for leaders.
Dr. Emily Gaynor Dick-Forde is an accounting and responsible governance expert, with over 25 years’ experience within The University of the West Indies. She has addressed regional and international audiences on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Ethical Leadership, Climate Change and Education in the Caribbean, Strategic Management Accounting and Environmental issues.
The seminar will cover:
• The history and evolved definition and practice of SR.
• The seven principles of SR
• The zone of influence – 9 key stakeholder groups
• The details of how institutions can integrate SR into their strategic plans and operations. Emphasis will be placed on how to ensure responsible social, environmental and economic impacts from an institution’s activities.
• The critical importance of responsible leadership to achieve SR goals.
• The observed practice of SR in some Caribbean countries
• The link between SR and UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), ILO rules, national laws
• Integration of SR in institution’s operations
• Monitoring and measuring SR impacts
• Communication of SR- accountability aspects